View Single Post
Soccermom 06:05 AM 10-31-2012
Wow....I stopped heating up milk for my kids at 10 months.
I did once have a just turned 5 yo DCB who was dropped off on his first day with a small cooler. This was 2 months before he was due to start school. DCM asked me to come over because she did not want to open it in front of my SA DCKS.
When she opened the bag up I gasped! There were 3 BOTTLES full of milk in it! Not sippes, BOTTLES!! I said - What on earth is that for??? She told me they were for DCB, in case he felt nervous. She told me he still drank from bottles at home to help with his anxiety!!! OMG! Being a newer DP I just said umm, ok, I doubt he'll want them though since I have 10 and 12 months old here who no longer drink from bottles and took the bag from her.
I put it on the counter with NO intentions of allowing him to drink a bottle in my home.
If I could go back in time I would now have said - You can put that right back into your car lady because there is no way DCB will be drinking from a baby bottle in my home at 5. If that is something that he requires, then this is not the right place for him.
What the heck is wrong with people??