View Single Post
Unregistered 12:18 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Jiminycrickets:
Yeah, I would keep the schedule as is too.
Similar to your situation, my 3 year old is in preschool 2 days a week, and if I have will have too many kids to bring along, I ask a parent who I know has a flexible schedule to drop off a few minutes later (and, yes, in turn I am a little more flexible with her schedule.) It works just fine.
I would not ask BIL to take your son to school, that is just asking for stress over whether he will be on time, and possibly even passive-aggressive games if they are the sort. The money would just be confusing and another point of contention, and additionally you would be out money for a situation that is easily solved by her bringing her kids 10 minutes later a few times a week. Nope, nope, nope.
If DCM isn't happy with the drop-off times you can offer, she can find other care. Sometimes you have to make your own life work, too.
Yeah, you're right. It could definitely just cause more problems. I try to explain that I also have a family, I already miss out on so much with our 9 year old as far as school functions go. It's so difficult to please everybody.
And that thought crossed my mind several times, why not find care elsewhere if you're unhappy instead of complaining about everything? Oh well, at least she's decent when she's at daycare.