Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Leigh 08:12 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Just because they are taking care of a family members child still doesn’t excuse them not taking care of their biological child. That’s not ok and a sorry excuse for parents. ����*♀️
I didn't write that very clearly. This boy IS the "extra" child. The boy that stays with us is the boy that was only supposed to be with the family for a short time. The couple caring for him has 2 older bio children, and the younger one, especially, is extremely jealous of him, and whines that he is the reason she doesn't have more time with mom, more material goods, etc. She didn't care for giving up her spot at the baby of the family, and she is quite vocal about it. The mother in this family loves him. Her husband does, too, but he never wanted to add this boy to his family permanently. They never could afford him, and they get NO help from the state for him, as they were forced to take permanent guardianship and the CPS case was closed (CPS told them it was time for guardianship and basically told them they took permanent responsibility for him or he would go to a foster home). I can understand their position, but I certainly don't agree with it. He knows that we love him, though, and he has often said that this is his OTHER home, and tells me that he is one of my kids. My son (only child) is 6 months older than this boy, and tells people that this kid is his brother (not only are they different races, but they could not be more different in looks, personality, and pretty much everything else!). They do love each other, though.