View Single Post
E Daycare 08:51 PM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Clueless:
Are the children ill and grouchy when they don't eat?
No grouchy kids till after nap. I started to implement self pick and serve snack and offer a few varieties of snacks and fruit so they just wait till 3:30pm snack time. At first I though it was a power struggle but realized a trend. The ones that say they want their kids to eat healthy and the ones that make sure they make the point to feed their kids healthy.

I make home made baby food. Takes 6 minutes start to finish. 1min to chop, 3 to steam, 1 to purée and 1 min to pour into ice cube trays to freeze. One mom told me she doesn't have the time yet she stresses the importance. If I can do it while watching 5 kids, she can do it when she takes a "me day".

I lost 30lbs this new year. I saw I was getting off track and made myself work at it and I knew I had to show my son (not just tell him) how to be healthy. My BMI went from 30.1 to 25. I'm at my proper BMI for my age (almost 30- my goal was 30lbs lost by 30 yrs which is may 31st and I hit the goal last week!!), lost inches, gained energy and confidence and I feel like I can be the proper role model. I have 10 more pounds to go before I feel like I've beaten my old self but I'm getting there and it's hard work but that's it, its WORK. These parents know I mean business, say they are "jealous" yet can't muster up the strength to skip the drive thru.

I have serious family health issues ranging from my mother dying at 30 to cancer to every grandparent having heart disease, diabetes and/or obesity. When we decided to have my son I told my husband "this family history crap stops here". I mean it. I don't want my son having issues from something that couldve been prevented and that he had no say in.

I tell my husband all the time "I feel alone in this fight to feed the kids right or care". I do. I really feel I'm the only one in my circle that cares about what we eat.

That's why I get so angry.