View Single Post
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 06:28 PM 08-15-2012
SO this is my odd situation that happen today. Maybe I just find it odd and it really isn't a big deal. Mom came to pick up daycare baby today but this time she brought some lady with her. After she walked in the door she introduced the lady to me as someone she works with and that she had to take her to pick up her car, she hopes I don't mind that she invited her in. Are you serious? Your already standing in my living room. Well it seem to be a very odd moment. They played with the daycare baby and talked with each other and completely disregarded my 18 month old daughter saying hi. It was more of this lady checking out my setup time thing. I would have never invited a co-work into my daycare provider home. I would have ran in and got my child and then went on. Plus the car dealerships are between her work and my house. So anyway.. I just found it odd. After a good 15 minutes. The lady asked me about my daughter. How old is she, what is her name. Then she started asking me about my dog, what kind is he, is he good with the daycare kids, where is he when the daycare kids are out. It was like she was interviewing for a spot...or looking to take my daycare kid. I really hope it is the second. I wanna give notice anyway...because I can't stand the way she (mom) acts and how high maintenance the daughter is. I know she is only 6 months, but the have to be in motion to even not cry is getting old very quickly. This morning mom basically blamed me for missing orajel that I never even use. I get well this is the 2nd tube that has fallen out of her bag. (they put it in the side of her milk bag that is open and in an open box) Then mom is concern because the baby doesn't eat but 2oz of breast milk every 2 hours while with me or with dad and she feels like she is losing weight. Nevermind the fact that the baby is getting longer and was just seen by the doctor Friday and the doctor wasn't concern. Just to give you an idea of what I am dealing with.. while pregnant mom asked the doctor if she could crush the baby head when she bent over. She didn't understand why the doctor looked at her crazy. It is just to name a few. I want to terminate, but don't know what to say without telling her that her child is not the only one in my care and that I can't constantly carry her around or rock her or put her in a swing. She might be only 6 months, but she is just as big as my 18 month old. She is already 22lbs and 30 inches long. She was awesome little baby and now she has learn to expect the holding, rocking. The fact that I only have her sometimes 2 days, sometimes 3 days sometimes 5 days a week when they feel like it doesn't make it easier. Dad picks up sometimes by 11am and she gets here at 8. I have had her since April and she has only been here a full 5 days 2 times. They only pay for the days they use right now. Half the time I don't even know she won't be here until the day of or i might get a text message at 10pm the night before. Sorry about the rant!!!