View Single Post
Mom2Five+ 02:42 PM 11-28-2012
I have a child like that also. Mom only gives him chicken nuggets, fries, pizza, and fruit because she says that all he will eat and she can't afford to waste money. Here I offer him healthy foods and he will stuff his mouth to full capacity and hold it hoping that I will tell him he can spit it out. I don't and we sit at the table together until he chews it and swallows it. Then he says he is done. As soon as his Mom walks through the door he runs up to her (he is 3) and says "I'm so hungry" at first she would look at me and asked if he had lunch and what it was. After about three times of her doing this I finally said to the both of them "You want some vegetables?" of course he said "no" and I said "you aren't hungry then" He has learned that if he says this she will stop at McDonald's and get him some chicken nuggets to satisfy him until he gets home to eat his chicken nuggets and fries. This is the same DCM that is always trying to get out of paying on her regular day because she forgot her checkbook and then she asks me everyday if her check cleared because the bank has made another mistake on her account. She asked if she could bring his lunch and I agreed but it never happened because she can't afford to feed him all day and pay daycare. It still amazes me what these parents say.