View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:57 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
to everyone!

I have found myself at times 'wanting to cry out of nowhere' or 'laugh uncontrollably' or even 'angry and unkind to those around me'. My church friend told me that was 'depression' which, if anyone knew me, would know I'm usually the one saying "pick it up, and let's move on and quit whining"....but this year has pushed my limits.
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Any kind of coffee drinks are my friend always but especially now!
Its frightening how much we have in common.

I coffee. Coffee anything! Although I am not a fan of Starbucks or Caribou (I don't know if everyone has Caribou or not but it's just another version of Starbucks)

I drink coffee ALL day long!

I am also the one telling everyone else, things will be okay...I wake up with a smile on my face and am ready to go! But this year I have been like a see-saw toggling between hysterically laughing and fighting off wanting to curl up and cry. My cat think's I am losing my mind.

I even went and had bloodwork done to see if my hormones or thyroid or something was out of sorts. Turns out everything is fine and it's just me. lol! Oh well...life goes on and this too shall pass.

Late nights (up til 1-2 a.m.) binge watching trashy reality TV and early morning exercise have been my coping methods. I used to just power walk/jog 5 miles M-W-F's on the treadmill but DH went and got a Peleton bike so now I am riding 10+ miles T-Th-Sat on that now too. I take Sundays off.

I got an Apple watch and downloaded a fitness app that pairs via bluetooth to both the treadmill and the bike so I can take virtual fitness classes online. It's really fun and a great stress reliever at the same time. It challenges me and makes me want to get up (4:30 am) every day and work out.

I feel like December is just flying by and I have so many things on my plate but then I look ahead to Jan, Feb and March and feel like it's just one long blur of nothing. No holidays, no breaks/vacations, no plans, no nothing. Just work, work, work. It's cold, dark and dreary those 3 months so it's prime time for winter woe to set in.

Hoping that time flies by too or at the very least I am still able to find things to occupy me.

Hang in there ladies.... we will get through this!!