View Single Post
Ariana 08:07 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Michael:
Thank you all. I wanted to share with you something I took the time to do about five years before my two mothers passed. I set up a camera and interviewed them both at their homes. I asked them questions about their lives, families and relatives. This was at a time when they were healthier and livelier. I know both of these mothers in the last few months did not want their families to see them in the deteriorating conditions they were in. They wanted to be remembered I a more positive manner. I noticed this with my father also when he passed 20 years ago.

I played my wife her mother’s video today, from five years ago and she thought it was priceless. Her sisters likewise are anxious see the video. It’s something they will always cherish and have for their children and grandchildren. While it may be some bit of a nuisance to get parents to agree to doing the video, I always find that it becomes priceless in later years.
Such a wonderful idea! With my husband sudden death all I have are random videos where mainly our kids are the main focus. It would have been so nice to have something like this for our children. As they grow older their memories of him will likely fade which is a big fear of mine as he was an amazing father and person.