View Single Post
daycare 02:43 PM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
This is why I don't do ANY holiday related "teaching" or "crafts"

I'm personally not big on celebrating holidays anyway, but other than that, we live in a VERY diverse country and there will almost always be a family who practices other beliefs. I would not want a teacher or provider teaching my kids about holidays/rituals/etc. that I didn't agree with, and I respect other families in the same way.

I realize that this family does celebrate Chritmas, but do understand their choice to be honest with their child.

Besides all that, it saves me a TON of time and work not doing the crafts that are never really appreciated by the parents anyway.
Oh yes of course I respect their choice! This is why I LOVE AMERICA! The freedom of CHOICE! I won't get into much more than that...

I just don't know what this mom wants me to do... Like I said in my previous post, I will type out a calendar of our events and let the mom decide what her child can participate in.

BUT I refuse to not allow it in my home, as this is what I teach my own children and I have no plans to change it...