View Single Post
cheerfuldom 07:20 PM 06-26-2012
I have business hours but I do not take families that cannot drop off within my drop off window 7:30 to 9:00 or pickup withing my pickup window 4:30 to 5:30. This way I have families that all have similar needs and I dont have people coming and going all day.

I know a lot of people make contracted hours work them though. Having sign in and sign out sheets with one visible clock that is the authority on the time can help you keep track of everyone's coming and going. As for people thinking they can do whatever they want because you are open anyway.....this is why you have a contract and have them commit to certain hours. You charge fees if they go outside their agreement OR they can renew their contract and pay for the extra time needed if they are continually late and need more contracted time.

If you have business hours, yes, you will get some parents that want to get the most for their money and their child will be there all day every day no matter what. BUT I find that in many cases, I would rather their child be here more than me now know when they will be coming and going from day to day.

Maybe something that would help is sticking with contracted hours but having an earlier time when drop offs and pickups must be done....for example, all children must be in care by 9:00 or they will be considered absent for the day. Something that narrows down the coming and going a bit?