View Single Post
mac60 12:32 PM 06-13-2011
For the past 10 years, I have done kindergarten readiness as part of my daycare day. The first few years it went really well, and everyone who came thru my daycare participated, then, in the past 5 yrs I have had families send their kids to "real preschool". I hate it, as it totally disrupts my program here, as kids go to different preschools, at different times, on different days, etc. I am constantly juggling my lunch schedules, activities, etc. So, I have decided, because I have 3 that are going to "real preschool" next year, that I am not having them participate with my preschool activities here. I will have 2that turn 3 yrs this summer, and I plan on working with them starting in the fall. The other 3 who are 4yrs, I am not letting them participate, as I refuse to continue to juggle everyone else's schedule to accomodate mine. So if you are involved in outside preschool, you won't be involved with mine here. Now to put it in a letter and inform the parents. Just gets to be very frustrating when you are trying to do a program and you have people coming, going, etc, at different times. Just food for thought.