View Single Post
melissa ann 04:33 PM 06-13-2011
I have tried doing preschool work with dcks but I have finally decided to give up. My dd went to preschool the year before kindy only because I felt she needed to learn to be away from me. However, she could write her name, count to 15, and knew her alphabets and could write the letters.
My son will be going to preschool this fall. He is very attached to me and heaven forbid I leave a room and don't tell him. However, academic wise, he is above prepared for kindy. He just loves to learn and aborbs everything like a sponge.
Now, the 2 dcgs, who are the same age as my son, (one is 2 months older, the one is 2 months younger) have no intersest in learning anything. They do not know the abc's, can not count, don't know how to write,etc.
I will be doing a nature based curriculum in next month. Maybe they will show some interest in that. I have come to the conclusion if their parents don't care if they can't do these things, well, then it's not my problem. I have tried. But the one girl, when she's home, she plays all the time or watches tv. The other one, the mom fills her time by taking her places. Whether its a zoo, carnival, shopping whatever. She also has a portable dvd player that she always carries around.