View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 12:11 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
hmmm. that has me wondering. I wonder if that would constitute as baby sitting and not fall under the same rules/regs as licensing requirements. Especially for ratios. I would love to take a bunch of older children and have them do stuff at the house while there parents were out. But I'd rather have like 6 at a time and just watch a movie bake cookies, etc....

It would sooo be worth it. I noticed you have $6/hour was it? What is your normal child care rate if you dont mind me asking? I would love love love to do this
I'm in CA and in my area the regs still apply since I'm doing it in my home. That being said that still means I can take care of as many as 8 kids and still be within ratio. I'm thinking I'm doing no more than 3 or 4 at a time.

I based mine off of $5 an hour per child since that is what my normal drop-in rate is. My regular full time rate is $160 week, $3.20/hr. I already offer extra evening and weekend childcare to my clients on an ask for basis, this year I'm just opening it up to everyone else too.

Originally Posted by Lyss:
Sounds like a great idea! I like the way your flyer looks!!

Are you having parents of kids you don't normally watch sign any sort of drop in form or something similar? or just going at it like a one time babysitter?
Yes I will have parents sign forms. As long as I do childcare in my home I have to keep records of them so I'll have them fill out an emergency contact form, emergency medical treatment form etc. Whatever licensing requires of me. It's not too bad, I just won't make the whole parent packet that I usually give out with contract, handbook etc.