View Single Post
daycare 05:08 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by happykidschildcare:
I teach preschool also to my age 2 and ups and i also have parents that talk about putting there kids in preschool. I charge $150 wk fulltime and preschool's no extra charge. I find myself dumbfounded when a mom talks about putting lil ____ in preschool at age 4 and paying lots more then what they are paying here and I do just as much with the kids here then they will get at a bigger center and my ratio adult to child is way better too.

I'm a firm believer in allowing kids to be kids and not pushing them, kids all learn at thier own paces no matter the resources or money paid for fancy schools. I have taught plenty of kids up until kinder registration and they are all done well.
I think some parents just enjoy the status of saying such in such goes to _____ school. It doesnt mean they are learning anymore. Just means their parents are PAYING more.....

Like Nanny I have a min requirment of 3 days a week whether parents use the 3 days they still pay and the pt rate is more then the ft daily rate. We have to make up for the 2 days we are losing for that space. I currently dont take anymore pt kids I have 2right now and lose out $ with those empty slots. And filling a 2 day a week slot is immpossible, at least here.
I have sold the one on one vs preschool for my preschool program.. I save work and videos to show the parents that their 3yr old can write their name and so on and so on. Children will NOT have one on one lessons in a preschool and will not have this advantage.