View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:04 AM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I teach him that he must make a full and exciting life, and only add a family if and when he can sustain a dependent AND a full-time nanny (unless things change). I imagine a huge life for him and would never want both his personal and professional life instantly constrained for years on end by the dictates of a DCP/school. It's maddening feeling the days of one's life are decided at someone else's whim.
Are you still at the same center? Surely there are other more reliable options nearby? I operate a small registered home daycare and am open 7-5, with very few days off. And the days off come with a notice, unless I'm sick or there's a death in the family. Plus, if I did have to close unexpectedly, I have stressed in my handbook of policies how important it is to have back up in place. It might benefit you to find a more flexible child care, a place that doesn't need parent/teacher conferences(unless you're talking about a regular school situation and not a center??). I have never limited anyone's hours to 8 or 9, etc. When they sign on, they, themselves, enter the times they need. Anything above and beyond that is overtime.
You may be in a tough position but you also have choices. *You can choose another provider.
What made me angry was not abiding by the rules set forth by your child care but taking it upon yourself to do what you needed to do anyways. Doing that, you're most likely not their favorite client of all time. Unless I'm reading it all wrong which I've been known to do. Having a provider/parent relationship is an important part of using childcare and it's based on trust and mutual respect. Definitely sounds like none of that is going on.