Thread: Pets??
View Single Post
Josiegirl 08:09 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Oh, gosh. I would hope someone wouldn't ask to see our dogs

There's no hiding we have them. We have 2 and they are both medium-big. We have a german shepherd who barks aggressively when someone pulls up. She's a sweetheart, but her bark is intimidating.

I keep them in our fence during drop offs and pick ups. I'm sure our german is scary to some people, but all my families now are okay with her. I've had her inside before and all the kids love both of them.

I don't know what I would've done in your position. I think it would have been a little odd to tell them no, especially if your dog was going to be around the daycare kids. I probably would've just warned them that she gets excited and I would've held her while they pet her.
German Shepherds were one of those dogs that went through a 'very scary dog' phase like dobermans, rotties, and pits. Sad because I've seen so many sweet and wonderful German Shepherds, Rottweilers and Pit Bulls over the years(can't recall seeing a Doberman). There's a dcprovider locally who's always had G.S., and not just 1 but usually 2-3 at a time.