Thread: Morning Nap
View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:57 AM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Black cat, if you send a kid for a morning nap b/c of behavior do you have trouble getting them to nap again at nap time? I have a 2.5 year old who is so tired in the morning, but if I lay him back down when he gets here he won't sleep at nap time & is disruptive to the whole group.
No, not normally because my kiddos all know rest time is quiet time and while I don't ever expect sleep I do expect quiet.

So if a 2.5 yr old had to have a morning nap due to behavior issues, he more than likely won't sleep during rest time later in the afternoon but he'll still lay quietly.

I am lucky in none of my kids really have tendencies to be disruptive for others so that's nice but IF they did, Id move them directly under my supervision so I could make sure they were not being rude and disturbing others resting.

I also play audio books during rest time so those kids that don't actually sleep can lay still and listen to the story. I put a dozen or more stories on one DVD so it plays the entire rest period.

So yes, bottom line is sometimes a morning nap impacts rest time in the afternoon but I have no qualms wearing my "mean mommy" face so it works for me.

If I had a child that consistently had issues and got put down for morning nap regularly at 2.5 yrs old, I'd probably start discussing behavior over all with the parent after a few days but I do try to let these things work themselves out as most negative behaviors seem to be due to a home life change or something temporary so I allow time for that adjustment or for the situation to pass.