View Single Post
daycare 02:58 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by Kimberli:
For those of you following the complaint/pending court case, etc. filed against me for giving a child several time outs in one day before terminating him for aggressive/destructive behavior:

Today I received a UPS package containing a letter that my case has been selected to be heard on the "Judge ****" television show if both myself and the opposing party are interested. (And there is no guarantee that the parents suing me will go for it, either.) If I lost, the show would pay the $5,000 to the plaintiff and no civil judgement is filed against me. If I won ... well, I won. And either way, they pay me $400 for appearing.

Life is stranger than fiction - you think? This whole situation has become more and more bizarre as it has progressed!

What would you do in my case? If I lose, it's certainly not good publicity for my business, but I do know that Judge ****is a stickler for personal accountability and not allowing behavior (neither in the child or the parents) to go unaddressed.

What to do, what to do ....
I personally would not turn this into a public event, but that is just me. I would fear that not knowing the outcome would cost me more than $5000.00 Winning is not a guarantee, so I would have to say I would not do it.

Do you think that if you do say yes and they approach the DCP and she says no, that she can use this against you in court??