View Single Post
momma2girls 09:06 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
He is on Similac Advance mixed with nursery bottled water and has been since 4 weeks. Mom is still breast feeding at night time.

I have him on somewhat of a schedule here for feedings. I say somewhat, because there will be mornings when the mom said she fed him en route and hands me a bottle with 2oz in it (leftovers). I ask how much he ate..and she replied 2 oz. That is after 8 hours of sleeping!!

I feed him 6 oz every 4 hours with some baby cereal or fruits. We haven't tried veggies yet. By Friday his poops are better, but on Monday when they drop him off -- watery again. I think her diet is affecting things. Her English isn't great, but I try to communicate with her about feedings etc. She couldn't believe he takes 6oz for me (5 mo 16 lb baby) nor that he went longer than an hour or so between feedings... They pick him up at 4:30-5:00pm and I try to do 8am, 12pm, 4pm feedings (its usually within 15 min on average, and I do not budge unless he's sick, and then I let him feed when he needs / wants). He's definitely not as gassy as he was 2 months ago. He spits up less, and farts less. His poops are good by Friday. He just cries for no darned reason in my opinion. As for putting him in the other end of the house....well that can be a problem. My husband works nights, and is sleeping during the day, so I do not want to disturb him with a screaming baby! The boys will play in the living room next to the bedrooms quietly (Yes, 2 boys 5 and 4 and they can be....QUIET!! =) and I have the baby in our family/computer room area until hubby wakes up.

I just keep telling myself that he will outgrow this, take a deep breath and try to push forward with the day. I do, however, think I'm gonna Google a good set of ear plugs!!
THis is very difficult and hard for you to deal with. Plus the other children having to listen to this day after day. I do feel for you!! I hope it does get easier for you, but most of my experience it doesn't. I hate to tell you that!!