Thread: Goofy Questions
View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:22 PM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by Mommy2One:
I can understand how this would be super annoying, especially if you've been asked it a lot of times but to be honest I totally wonder the same thing. My provider is a stay-at-home mom with a 5yo and 2yo of her own, my 3yo and she just started caring for a newborn (only occasional overlap with the days my daughter is there and now her oldest is in school most of the day)...and I really wanted to ask her that question! (but refrained)

I think teachers and camp counselors don't get that question as often because the kids are older and all the same age. The little ones tend to have more urgent needs, require more supervision and have a wider range of abilities. Plus teachers and counselors have more support in a crisis (another teacher next door, the nurse and admins/principals in the office, etc.)

Think of it as a major compliment. We see your job as so unfathomably difficult that we literally can't imagine how you do it.
Thank you! It is awesome to get another person's perspective. I like how you turned what I always thought was an annoying comment/question into one that could be or should be viewed as complimentary.