View Single Post
melilley 07:17 PM 08-22-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
I dont know WHY on earth the parents just won't say NO.........its such an easy word to say. THEN all they have to do is take CONTROL...

The other day one of my favorite DCks got mad at the mom during pick up because he was not going to get a special TOY from the store that day. He picked up a fake banana and hit me in the face with it. kid is almost 4. DCM just says, come on JOhnny lets go so you can watch your new DVD I got you...............I was soooooooooo mad and soooo jaw dropped that I could not say anything...

Sorry so off topic......... I really think that parents just don't want to say anything while in front of us, thinking maybe we might judge their parenting or maybe upset us by the way that they do it....I don't care who you parent YOUR child, just do it.......
He hit you?! And the mom didn't do anything? How sad!

I wonder if it is that the parents are embarrassed to discipline their children in front of us. My parents that I have now will do it in front of me, but when I worked in a center, your situation was all too familiar!