View Single Post
wdmmom 06:52 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Personally, I think it is wrong to term this family based on what you are saying... you are OPEN until 5:30pm, you are OPEN on Fridays... but you just don't want to deal with this kid during those time frames. I don't think that's right - especially when you say they're good payers/tippers, give xmas bonuses and this child is supposedly like one of your own....

What happened to communicating with our clients?? Why don't you just let her know the Fridays won't work unless she pays a higher fee - and change your daycare hours if you don't like working passed 5pm?
That's kind of what I reiterated in my post. Changing hours, working Fridays, etc. I'm not apt to change. I only have 4 others that come on Fridays. I enjoy the relaxed, quieter atmosphere on Fridays and now with him here, I'm having to pay more to have my staff assistant here and not getting any extra money from this family.

And, I know if I change my hours to 5pm pick up, they'll be forced to find another provider.

I also raised rates a month ago and because of what DCM was saying, I chose not to raise their rates....considering I thought he would be gone approximately 5 hours a week. I found it to be an even trade...no rate increase, here less hours. KWIM?

I'm just really not liking the Friday situation. I know I'll never keep a full load with a closing time of 5pm so that is something I'm going to have to deal with but I really don't need to continue the Fridays...or do I?