View Single Post
Texasjeepgirl 12:49 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I have been doing a lot of responding above in red and had to write this in order to send it out
If I had a nickel for everytime someone told me I should write a book about my life.. I think I might almost have enough money to do it...
lol

I did have a daycare when we divorced..
I got married in '86.. started my daycare in '92...when my first daughter was 2 years old...
When we filed for a divorce... we continued to live in the same house for several months.. I just moved in to my younger daughter's bedroom...she slept in her sisters room anyway...
We filed for divorce in April... My ex moved in to a new house in late July... I remained in the house because my daycare was there...but it sold...and I bought another house in September...
Mark and I had our wedding in the back yard of that house... But we sold it a year later... and have lived inside our retail furniture store for 8 years now..We put my daycare in 5 years ago.. I had it in a friends house for 3 years...

When Mark and I married... we blended 5 girls.
My daughter had just turned 12... Mark's stepdaughter was 3 months behind her... 11...
She had been 18 months old when he started dating her mom...he is the only daddy she's ever known.. never met bio dad..
My younger daughter was 8... Mark's girls were 6 and 5...
Honestly.. in 10 years.. There have been very few issues with the kids...
The two older one's were always close...
The 3 younger one's...well.. my youngest.. which is middle child...and the very youngest were always the closest...
There were a few issues of the other one feeling left out...but.. then all of a sudden the tables would turn and she'd be the 'in' one...and the baby would be left out..
To be completely honest.. Mark and I made a committment to each other from day 1..This is our second marriage...We did NOT have any desire to have more children... (It always amazes me how many people in second marriages think they must produce a child to show each other...and the world...how much they love each other)...
WE agreed on 1 thing... We didn't have to be married... We chose to be married... We both felt so blessed to have found each other..
AND...the other thing is.. We have gone through so much with his EX... Always such drama and VENOM from her...
The one thing we always felt we needed to give our children more than anything...was the security and knowledge that he and I loved each other... we are stable.. we are LEVEL... we are committed to each other... to our children.. to our family.. to our home..and NOTHING she ever says or does changes that...
His poor children live in constant turmoil with their mom.. and when they are with us.. We aren't wealthy... but.. we love each other.. we love them.. we treat each other.. and them... with respect and honesty... ALWAYS... if there is ONE THING they always have when they are with us.. it is PEACE...