View Single Post
Heidi 10:26 AM 01-19-2013
Thank you NWOJ!

I like how you segued from babies to toddlers to preschoolers.

As a matter of fact, my older kids are moving shortly, and I will be starting "over" with 4 babies over the next 5 months.

Can you give me some examples of materials you had for babies? At what age do you introduce art materials...paint, clay, collage materials, etc.

If you were required to document "lesson plans" or "activity plans" (to get 4 or 5 stars here, we do), how could you do that?

Here is the document that we are using for my Praticum 3 class:

Student Teacher’s Name: Center Placement :
Date Written____________ Date Carried Out______________
Name of Activity ______________________________________________

CURRICULUM AREA(S): (circle)
Language Arts / Literature Math Readiness Dramatic Play Music Social Studies
Movement Sensory Science Art Cooking Other_______

Age of the children ___________ # of children completing activity at one time ________________
Time _______ Area where activity will take place________________________

What were the children say or doing that made you think of this activity?

Wisconsin Model Learning Standards:
Domain:

Sub-Domain

Performance Standard:

Key Developmental Indicator: (List one)

Concepts/ Vocabulary:

Specific accommodations for children’s individual needs/goals; additional educational tools, modified materials, physical support, positioning, etc.:

Personal Goals:

Materials Needed: (Be specific, include size and number of materials also include set-up and clean-up materials and supplies.)

Teacher Role/ Procedure:
• Motivation: (Describe gathering technique, use of visuals, such as pictures, books, puppets, or props, use of songs, finger plays, clapping games, etc.)- Be specific

• Main Activity/Description of Actual Procedure: (Be specific and include your own role as the teacher and possible statements you may use during the activity.)

• Closing Remarks/Transition:

Ideas for Follow-up:

I'm trying to juggle a lot of different things, here. When you document, do you use anything like this? I'm thinking I could use it for my class and for the Youngstar rating. Can I use it (or something similar) as evidence of intentional planning? Can it fit with the Reggio approach? What kinds of activies (I think you called them provocations, & can I intertwine them) can I do with infants?

I was going to interview you for my class. I'll consider this the interview, on the open forum for everyone's benefit.

Thank you again for sharing, and take your time answering. I know you have other things to do, as well!