View Single Post
LK5kids 03:49 PM 06-13-2013
I do organic but do not advertise or push that as a selling point. Many people in my area could care less about organic or think it's weird and extreme. What I do advertise is wholesome, homemade meals with little or no convienence foods and post pictures on my Facebook page. I get lots of great comments on my meals.

I have heard of parents even complaining a local school is offering too healthy of a menu and their kids won't eat that healthy junk and come home hungry these were not my dk parents.

I do not charge more.

I will be about 90% organic once I am licensed and get reimbursed for food. As of Now I provide organic milk, yogurt, Annie's crackers & Mac 'n cheese, apples, oats, sugar, frozen strawberries and raspberries, olive oil, & raw carrots. These are easy to get here and affordable. I also use grass fed beef from a local supplier. I will be happy when I can offer all fruits & veggies organic along with things liKe organic spaghetti sauce, etc.

I do not offer gluten free.

If you are in an area that values these services I would think you could charge more.