View Single Post
Michelle 02:40 PM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by LannieJ:
Hello,
I am currently at capacity, but in 2 weeks I will be losing 6 kids to school programs. 1 of the kids is entering Kindergarten out of my district, so I understand, but the others I don't.

2 of my kiddos are entering Kindergarten & going to afterschool programs so that mom can save money; 2 of my kiddos are going to church run pre-K programs that cost more than I charge; 1 is going to a free pre-K program out of my area so that mom doesn't have to pay (but will end up paying someone because pre-k programs out here are only 4 hrs p/day)

I understand that it is the nature of the business that kids have to grow up and move on. However, it kinda hurts (my heart & pocketbook) to lose kids. I know that the afterschool program will not give the kids what I do, they'll be just number. Also, I have a stellar pre-K program. When my kids go to Kindergarten, the teachers are surprised they learned so much from a home-based daycare & request my kiddos be in their class!

I guess it's more prestigious to say their kids are in school vs daycare and in other cases better to save a couple of bucks than to have your child in a place where they're loved & cared for, not just looked at.

I know, I know, I shouldn't take it personally, but I do. I'll be the first to admit that I have a hard time separating this business from my personal feelings because I love all of my kiddos so much.

Thanks for coming to my pity party.
awe, I am sorry you are losing so many love bugs!

I hate it when this happens
the kids will miss your love and warmth and the parents really have no idea what kind of mistake they are making
big hugs