View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 04:27 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I agree with what BC wrote but can totally relate to how you feel, too. I have a couple of kids who come earlier than the others. There are 4 of us in my own family trying to get ready for work in the morning. We've worked out a schedule so that we don't get in each others' way. Most mornings I'm moving quickly to get ready for my first arrival. There have been days when it would have been nice to know that I didn't have to rush. Also, there are mornings when I get downstairs only to realize I need to use the bathroom but I decide to wait since the parents will be dropping off any second. So I wait...and wait...and wait.... thinking they're going to show up any minute and I don't want to be in the bathroom when they walk in ...only to find that a half hour later, my eyes are floating and I'm still waiting and thinking, "They'll be coming in at any time now!" I do look at late arrivals as a gift - a little quiet time in the morning for me to relax, read or get a couple of things done that I wouldn't have had time to do if I had slept in but most mornings, it would still be nice to know when they're going to be late so I could plan accordingly.

Oh my gosh yes lol. Now I take my phone with me because I can access my video camera on it. If I see them pull up I try to go faster in the bathroom hahaha! I have a fool proof way to get one of my dcg's here and that's to start my breakfast. Her mom owns a salon so her schedule varies depending on her appts. So I wait and wait and the way to get her to show up is to start making my breakfast. Works every time lol