Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Littlepeopleprovider 08:33 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
This is such a pet peeve of mine. Not that they bring their children when they're not working, but the excuses they give me.

"I'm off today, but I need to clean so I'm bringing them."

"I'm not working, but I have to get some stuff done around the house."

"I have to run errands, so dck will be here."

I had a dck here for 10 hours yesterday. 10 HOURS. Because dcp had to run an errand which dck could've easily came along with.

It's like they are helpless when they have their kids. I wonder how myself - and several other parents - manage to get our stuff done with kids around!
Or maybe they don't want to spend time with them.
I'll never understand some parents.
I think maybe the parents that give excuses to the provider are trying to make themselves feel less guilty for not wanting their children on a day off.

I do understand that parents need some time to themselves as it's a need for everyone to have down time. It's tough being a parent that works 40-50 hours per week, care for children and juggle everything else in life. So, I get it.

On the other hand, kids grow up so fast and parents will miss out on that time they could have spent with their children. The kids want so much to be with their parents when they're young. The sad truth is soon those little kids enter the teen years and beyond and don't want to spend time with their parents anymore. I feel bad for the kids when the parents don't want to spend time with them or leave them for 10 hours on days off.