Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
CenterTeacher20 12:04 PM 11-13-2020
The burnout is REAL. In my state when a parent tests positive, we still have to wait for the kids result to come back before we can close. I'm worried with this one. This is one of the kids who is very close with all of the other kids. His mom works in healthcare (as do many of our clients, at the same hospital even) and was issued a rapid test yesterday even though she has no symptoms, because her 3 older kids who don't attend daycare have cold symptoms and one has a sore throat. Mom's test came back positive even though she is asymptomatic. They are basically assuming all of the kids have it. DCB who is 3 is the only kid in the whole family with no symptoms. Assuming he is asymptomatic as well. But we are not allowed to close the place down until we get his result back. The test was yesterday. I get tested weekly as a precaution (I am the infant room teacher and I currently have two immunocompromised INFANTS in my care, that is why I personally get tested weekly). My last weekly test was yesterday before we got the notification from his mom. So my result should come in the same day his does. This virus scares me. My state is in a constant surge right now. I'm terrified.