View Single Post
HipUsername 09:46 PM 11-11-2015
ThriftyLady, the concept is clear as water but the execution is where it gets muddy. Someone has told me something similar to this recently, that I need to stop thinking emotionally, just decide what is best for my situation and then follow through with that reasoning in mind only. And my response was "HOW?" Maybe I just need to keep my own feelings in mind and remind myself how exhausted I am from this, and that it's the right thing to do. I'm always worried about doing the right thing.

Blackcat, I need to write what confrontation isn't down on the back of my hand before I talk to her. (Professionalism amiright?) On second thought I'll probably flop sweat it off, I'll just read it until I've memorized it.

And Josiegirl the thought of that makes me smile and scares me at the same time. So much pressure! I will definitely imagine this.

I do need to be done with this family. I just feel like I need to do it right so that I don't feel guilty after.

Considering her personality, I don't think she wants to hear reasons that would be insinuating her or her child have done anything wrong. But she'll definitely want a reason, so I'd feel guilty not giving her one. I also want to let her bring him to me until the end of when she's paid up, so she'd at least have a week's notice. I think just never coming here again without warning might be hard on the kid (he actually likes coming here). SO, with those things in mind, I thought I could talk to her this Friday and tell her that it's not working out because his inconsistent schedule is affecting the schedule I'm trying to keep, and the late evening pick-ups are affecting my kid's bedtime (both are true and doesn't directly involve her kid). If she does get pushy with whys and wants to change the schedule or something then I can delve more into his behavior. I can have his stuff ready and even have next week's pay on hand to refund her in case she's offended and never wants to come back.

I think if I do it this way (not with EVERY parent I have a problem with but this one because I never set boundaries or contracts or anything) then I will be able to walk away from this guilt-free, regardless of what her reaction is. I have to make sure I do it right otherwise it will seriously haunt me. Does this plan seem reasonable?