View Single Post
nanglgrl 12:44 PM 09-06-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My family traveled extensively during my early years and ALL of our travels were done in either a station wagon or a pick up truck with a topper.

Myself and my 2 younger brothers rode in the back of the station wagon or pick up truck topper with a big blanket and lots of pillows! In the pick up truck, I remember my mom handing snacks back to us through the rear window....

I remember knowing we were close to a familiar area by the looks of the tree tops or shape of the landscape around us. BEST DVD ever!!!!!

I have a DCG right now who watches cartoons in the mini-van on the way to daycare.....she lives 6 blocks away.
We traveled from Texas to Iowa in the back of our pick up truck with a topper. Our parents threw a mattress in back and when we got bored we would do sick puppet shows out the back window for the people behind us!
Remember when kids could climb trees, run around barefoot and be filthy without an adult giving their parent a judemental stare?
Remember when "liability" wasn't such a huge issue because accidents happen? Now I hate to even let the neighbor kids play in our yard for fear of them getting hurt and being sued!
I remember building tree forts with every piece if spare wood I could find and putting so many nails in them they could outlast a tornado. Actually I still have a treefort, it was our first improvement when we bought this house. Lol.
I remember being able to roam freely at summer camp and we even buried one of our counselors in the sand and shaved his beard!