View Single Post
Starburst 04:10 PM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
I have worked very hard to have my kids say YES and when I had my last daycare girl my daughter would only say yeah... Because the dcg only said yeah.

Just a couple weeks ago my daughter started saying YES again after many attempts to get her to again. I love that my kids will know the correct word is YES and not ya or yeah!
I admit, I have issues with saying 'Yeah' instead of 'Yes'. For some reason the word 'yes' just sounds really harsh/sharp to my ears (if that makes sense?). I know I need to work on it (I knew that even before this thread), but for some reason it just seems so unnatural and intense sounding even (yeah, I think about things way too much). ETA: Uh-oh, I did it again!

Sometimes I cringe when my mom and I are singing songs in the car and she says the last letter at the end of a word sharply (like the words "Right" or "Night"). My theater voice and dictation teacher said that most people (at least in our region) now have, what he calls, "California Mush-mouth". It means that they don't "Tap the T's", "Pop the P's", or pronounce other consonants sharply enough; Basically he's saying we don't enunciate enough.