View Single Post
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 05:27 AM 01-07-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am doing the same thing but I am implementing my plan slowly. Before the Christmas break, I was all play with coloring and the odd craft. I decided to implement circle time and I told the parents my plan so I would be held accountable (to make sure that I would actually follow through with my ambitious idea, lol). I made a mobile circle time board and we review letters, numbers and shapes, sing a song/finger play, focus on a letter of the week then they play again. I am also trying to do one short activity/craft relating to our letter of the week everyday. I am only on day two, but I feel better with even this small change. My group is 1yo, 20mo, and 2 just turning 3 year olds.

None of my parents wanted or even hinted at this, I just thought it would impress the parents and make me feel a bit better about my program. After reading what everyone in here posts, I always feel lazy when I look at what I offer and do.

Monkey Toes
I have the same problem after reading what others post on here. I have (1) 6 month old (2) 20-21 month olds (2) older 3 year olds. One of the 3s is my daughter. I was so excited to start this circle time, crafts and stuff. I wrote out a curriculum plan for January and everything. My parents could careless if they watched TV all day. I'm bored so they must be bored too was my logic.