View Single Post
Unregistered 03:22 PM 01-11-2016
I had a 8 month old baby that would scream all day. every day. I told the parents a few times. after about 7 weeks I decided to term care for that baby. my contract states to provide a 2 week written notice. I talked to her about the situation and was very nice and peofessional. I explained I felt it would be better for him to be with a provider that has the ability to hold him more and give him more attention since I have all preschool age kids.
I then gave her the written notice and that it stated when his last day is and that payment is still due in full if they decide to not stay the last 2 weeks. I even providing her with my backup providers info bc she had a infant opening. come Monday morning she was a no show. now she is trying to tell me that she doesn't owe me bc she referred people to me. and that she doesn't owe me bc she paid for the 2 week winter vacation that he wasn't here. even tho in my contract it states that my rates are flat weekly rates regardless if the child is here or not. I told her she had until the end of the day to pay the 2 week fee or she would be taken to court. she told me go ahead and do what I have to do.
in my contract and handbook that she signed both it clearly states all of my rules on terminating childcare