View Single Post
dEHmom 07:01 AM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by Children First:
Thank you Baybee! This was not the one I saw. The one I saw said something like this......"as a reminder of my sick policies" or something similar and then went on to state them. The wording was great and I liked it. I wish I could put things down on paper like some of you ladies. I am in a constant state of brain fog when it comes to writing things up.
To be honest, anytime I've seen anything on here I've liked, I've asked permission from the poster, and then copied and pasted it into either my contract or a new file, and labelled accordingly. That way I know it's in there. I know have like 7 different forms, 5 different notices either for handouts, or for posting, etc.

I read a lot of these threads, and I might recall which one (I have photographic memory) if you had any more info on what might've been in the thread.

Is this it? Posted in "Does It Bother You" by missnikki

Dear (parent's name), June 10, 2010

This letter is to serve as a reminder of our policy on sick children at daycare. Your signed acknowledgement is required in order for (child's name) to continue attending our program.

Unfortunately, we feel that this measure is necessary to ensure the safety and health of all the children in our care, our staff, and your own child.

The 2010 Policy Handbook (page 4) states:
“ PROCEDURES FOR SICK CHILDREN
Any child showing signs of illness while at the program may have parents called to pick up the child. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS OF ALL CHILDREN IN OUR PROGRAM, AND REFRAIN FROM BRINGING AN ILL CHILD UNTIL 24 HOURS HAVE PASSED SINCE ANY FEVER, VOMITING, DIARRHEA, OR OTHER COMMUNICABLE SYMPTOMS HAVE OCCURRED. “

This policy is a state regulation, and is the minimum requirement to be in compliance with California State law. We also require that these guidelines apply WITHOUT the use of fever/ pain reducer/ cold medications for at least 24 hours.

Lastly, this signed acknowledgement will serve as notice that failure to follow our sick child policy will result in refusal of care until a signed physician's release is submitted.

___________________________ _________________
PARENT SIGNATURE DATE

A copy of this letter will be given to you. If you would like to attach a response to keep in your family file, please submit it in writing to (provider's name) within one week.

Sincerely,

(your name)