View Single Post
MCC 10:41 AM 10-08-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
first I would be angry as a provider that the parents didn't let you know about the hearing loss.

second, to me it seems like the parents are in denial or they are just too stubborn. Why wouldn't they put hearing aids on the girl. But I also wonder at what degreee is her deafness. I wonder if she was to put tubes in her ears if that would work.

also, by the sounds of it, the parents are not doing anything to help the girl, which is sad.

now is it a disability, yes and no. At a young age I would say yes just because they need speech therapy, how to use hearing aids..

as for naps, put her down for a nap at your time. No more discussion, who cares what time you put her down or they want her down for as long as its a nap.
It is super sad that they are not doing anything about it. As far as the "disability" getting thrown around, I do not think she has a disability, I do think she should wear the aids she was prescribed.
I called licensing the day after I found out, and they said I do need the "child with special needs" form filled out. This form just states whether or not the Dr. thinks my ratios need to change based on the diagnosis. I don't think they will, but I am required to have the form on file, and signed by a Dr.

The naps, the real issue- If I put her down at 1 with the rest of the kids, she SCREAMS. The older kids will ignore it and lay still, but they can't fall asleep. The baby can not sleep, and starts to cry as well. I have tried to let her CIO, but she will cry for the entire 2 hour nap if I let her. I moved the nap to 2pm and she will sleep (for less than an hour, but at least it's something!)

Mom was SUPER stand offish last night at pick up, came in and said "Let's go DCG" that was it...

I sent DCG home at 12 today for suspected pink eye, I'm sure it's just going to make DCM ever more upset, but oh well.