View Single Post
SilverSabre25 10:11 AM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by gbcc:
She says dad takes her home and puts her to bed. They live 5 mins away and I see no indication at all that she is in need of a nap. Here is her sleep schedule

7 AM - Wakes Up
9:30 - 10:30 Nap
Noon - 2:30 Nap
4:30 - 5:30 Nap
7PM - Bed

This just really seems like a lot of sleep to me. I think an hour in the am and then two hours in the pm are fine. I don't think she needs an extra hour in the afternoon. Dad also says that when she stays home with him she will sleep 2 hours in the AM and again in the PM. I don't wake her up, she wakes up on her own. There are also days where in the AM she doesn't nap but that is just the age. My other 2 her age do not nap in the AM, only the two hours in the PM and still go to bed at a normal hour.
Wow...that's a lot of sleep for a 2 year old...now I'm wondering if there's something else medical going on. Has she always slept this much, or is it something new? A 2 year old shouldn't be napping 3 times a day. Honestly, I'm wondering if she has a severe food allergy/intolerance that's gone undetected, or if she's severely anemic, has Celiac disease, or something else (yes, more dire things are crossing my mind here...). Something's not right. She's sleeping about 16 hours a day...that's not normal.