View Single Post
Little People 11:38 AM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Teach her to speak!!!!!!!!!!! If she was deaf, would be different, sounds like she just always knows she will get what she wants by not speaking.Come on people, don't coddle these kids, teach them, isn't that what we are supposed to be doing! A 2 yr OLD SHOULD BE SAYING WORDS LIKE MOMMY, DADDY, WATER,UP, DOWN ETC. I teach my kids at 2 and so does the parents to say please, thank you even.Singing is good and using fingers for that sort of thing is excellent, but she should be talking more, is all I am saying. I have a nephew who is 2 and the parents let him point to everything he wants instead of saying the words, they think it is cute, well he needs to say the words for what he wants.
I am also saying if there is a development problem with this child, the parents should be addressing it instead of ignoring it. But also not doing anything about it is not being a responsible parent, they need to find out why she isn't talking and do something about it.
But to me sign language for her is not the fix for the problem. Sorry.
Again unregistered....YOU CAN'T make a child speak!! And who says WE PEOPLE coddle these kids??? Not every 2 year old can speak! My son now 33 did not say a word till he was 2.5 and he did not get any teeth till he was 16 months and yes he had NO teeth, not even one!

My son is normal and has all his teeth. There was nothing wrong with him and he spoke we he wanted to. I would of NEVER forced him or with held things from him because he would not speak.

Some and I mean SOME children are just slower, SO WHAT?? God did not make buttons to push on each child to make them walk, talk, crawl or even a button for their teeth.

Again you hit a nerve with mw saying you would not give the child what he/she wanted unless they spoke, that is PLAIN MEAN!