View Single Post
Meeko 11:38 AM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I'm not going to be popular because I'm old school. With my kids, my personal children ~~ You eat what we eat when we eat or you don't eat. And when you choose to leave table at mealtime without eating you better count on NOT getting into my snack cabinet. I will pop your plate in the fridge and you can snack on that when we snack later. I don't HAVE to give you snack. I believe that if more children felt HUNGRY at meals they would be more prone to eating their meals. It's a huge pet peeve of mine for someone to say, oh she really doesn't eat meals, she snacks all day. Or if it's dinner time, a child eating their fruit, tossing the rest then after dinner asking for cheese or yogurt because they CHOOSE not to eat and they are hungry. I'm mean. I'm strict. And yes I've let my own children be hungry because of their choices. I really see a lot of children allowed to dictate when, where, and what they eat. That's ridiculous.

Now,... As far as eating what the day kids eat. Yes, if they sit at the daycare table, they eat what's on their plate. They always have the option of waiting and eating after the kids. But I never allow them to do it in front of them.
This!