View Single Post
Mom2Two 01:22 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're inferring here.
Or at least I'm hoping I don't understand.

Are you saying he/she should threaten a bad review to get their way?

The facts also suggest the OP had opportunity to read the contract and BE an informed consumer before agreeing to enter into a business relationship. Why was 3 months notice acceptable 4 years ago but not now when it actually applies to her/him?

Throwing an online tantrum and essentially trashing someone who cared for your child for 4 years... just because you didn't feel like her exiting policies (that you agreed to) are fair is absolutely ludicrous. It would show more about your lack of character rather than her unwillingness to break her own contract.

No, I meant what I wrote--to not be a witch. I don't know the OP or the person she made a contract with. I don't know the market condiditions of the area. I don't know how experienced the client is with daycare. I don't know how experienced the provider is with daycare.

Heck, when DS was 4 and 5, and I used two different centers, I didn't realize that I should have probably reported a provider who organized a field trip up a mountain with a big, steep drop off. She didn't pack food or drink. I went with my son up the mountain, because I didn't want him to miss a potenitally great experience (okay, it wasn't really age appropriate for 3-5 year olds) but I am also the parent that doesn't expect everyone else to care as much about my kids as I do. The trip took hours in the Summer. It was so that the provider could get her older son his hiking merit badge.

And this experience was at the BETTER of the two centers my son was at.

People are so different. Sometimes the right thing to do is to try to teach.

If this is a normal situation, I would say that the provider should be more reasonable. Yes, providers can be horrible people too.

If the client is truly in a difficult situation, and the provider is being a horrible person, after having an attorney review the contract (e.g. maybe giving notice isn't the same things as actually paying), I would definitely remind the provider that like any normal consumer, she will not be able to recommend the provider and may feel morally obligated to help other consumers know of the potential problem.