Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Jupadia 10:08 AM 01-30-2021
Longest January of my life.

We have been in lockdown since like mid November with more and more restrictions and areas being added each week. Then they announced that schools where shutting down down and going virtual.
While thankfully none of my family's have pulled cause their diffrent family's now and are still working. None of my old family's came back after first lockdown.
It's been so hard trying to balance having one kid in our family movie room for am classes (located next to daycare room, he is doing grade 2 and is online most of the day with his class. For the most part he ok by himself but needs refocusing at times. Also hates speaking in front of others so it's a fight to get him to leave Camara on and speak up to ask his own questions. He also tends to drift off and miss the assignment at times (mostly for language). The other kid is in Sr. Kindergarten and on for 2 to max 3 hours. Him I have to sit near and keep focused. His morning class takes place in the daycare room. Thankfully his afternoon one happens during nap and I use the babymoniter for the daycare kids and we sit upstairs. The other one then works from the dinning table. Thankfully I do have my laptop the oldest uses and the school got us a chromebook for the other one this week. Before that he was working on a crappy tablet with a wifi speaker because the volume sucks on the tablet.
First it was going to be two weeks late back. Now its February 10th.
I feel so stretched thin each day. Trying to keep on top of both kids while doing daycare. Our outside time only happens now after 330pm. It just cant be done before that. Crafts other then some basic colouring have disappeared cause I just dont have the time.
I need my kids back in school.