View Single Post
EchoMom 04:45 AM 08-03-2012
I'm not trying to convince you to stay open as a daycare, you have to do what satisfies you. However, I will just play devil's advocate and say that I think the expectation can be really high on anyone who works in a child related field... We're supposed to do everything for altruistic reasons and just love love love kids. Much of that is true, however, it is also a job and if you're providing good care for them, they're safe and happy and doing fine, maybe you're expecting too much from yourself? You don't HAVE to love them and enjoy them as much as their parents do, they AREN'T yours no matter how much time you spend with them. And honestly this might be a little mean, but if their own parents loved and enjoyed them as much as you do your own they probably would have chosen to stay home with their own kids too.

Mighit be an unpopular opinion and not sure I'm getting the wording I want, but I'm just saying if you're doing a good job caring for people's kids maybe you're expecting too much more out of yourself?