View Single Post
cheerfuldom 06:35 AM 08-03-2012
Originally Posted by glenechogirl:
I'm not trying to convince you to stay open as a daycare, you have to do what satisfies you. However, I will just play devil's advocate and say that I think the expectation can be really high on anyone who works in a child related field... We're supposed to do everything for altruistic reasons and just love love love kids. Much of that is true, however, it is also a job and if you're providing good care for them, they're safe and happy and doing fine, maybe you're expecting too much from yourself? You don't HAVE to love them and enjoy them as much as their parents do, they AREN'T yours no matter how much time you spend with them. And honestly this might be a little mean, but if their own parents loved and enjoyed them as much as you do your own they probably would have chosen to stay home with their own kids too.
Mighit be an unpopular opinion and not sure I'm getting the wording I want, but I'm just saying if you're doing a good job caring for people's kids maybe you're expecting too much more out of yourself?
agree with this EXPECT for the bolded. It is completely unfair to say that parents do not stay home because they do not love their kids as much as someone who finds a way to stay home. That is a whole nother thread but I hope that someday, you are more compassionate in your thought process of other parents....its a very hurtful statement to make.

outside of that bolded comment, I agree with this poster. Perhaps your expectations are too high? I am not Mary Poppins, there are some kids that I do love and others that I care for with a good attitude. I dont expect my daycare to be as awesome as a stay at home mom's situation....there is no way I can provide that to 7 or 8 kids under 5. But I can provide somewhere safe, clean, wholesome for the kids and if I have done that, then I fell that I am successful. It sounds like everything is working okay and maybe this 6 months will help you progress in your thought process about daycare and find a way to make it work after all. No body loves their job all day every day but as long as you can muscle through that and meet the kids needs, I think you are doing just fine.