Thread: Food Program
View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:56 AM 07-27-2010
Just respond by explaining that in order to keep rates down you have to cut costs. I have also heard from my pediatrician that Kirkland brand is the same as Enfamil and here's another tid-bit ... (gasp) so is similac!! Back around 2004 when my daughter was born Enfamil change their formula a bit and sold their old formula recipe to Similac. So you can always tell them that if they use Similac. Either way Kirkland is a good brand and much cheaper.

assuming they use Similac:
"It's been a while since I have had an infant on the food program and when I talked to my representative I realized that I must offer a formula and then you can choose whether or not you'd like to use it or supply your own. I did some research and decided to use Kirkland which is sold by Costco. It's the same as if you were using Enfamil it's just different packaging. I know you use Similac (again, assuming they use similac) and just wanted to make you are aware that Similac now uses Enfamil's old recipe so in essence Similac is Enfamil. But don't worry, you can always decide to supply me with your own formula."