View Single Post
kendallina 03:04 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
honestly just the fact that you are doing any form of teaching with them is awesome. Even if you are the one having to lead it, the kids are getting to participate and are learning. I used to stress about this kind of stuff to. I think me stressing about it took the fun out of it.

When things like this happen, I ask the kids similar things as crystal stated.

I gave up on trying to perfect every lesson and please every single child while doing the lessons.
like today we painted the letter C with cottonballs, corn on the cob and combs....But some fo the kids were getting upset and wanted a paintbrush. I told them that piantbrust starts with P so we could use that another time... Then after that we made some crowns so all of the kids got to use the paintbrushes and whatever it was that they wanted to use to create their project..

To me it sounds like you are doing a great job... good for you

Thanks for responding, daycare. I actually teach preschool (I run just a 3-hr a day program), so some kind of teaching is expected...lol..

Some of the subtleties of being child-led have definitely escaped me since I teach out of my home now and don't have any co-teachers to keep me in check...haha.