Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:58 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We sent parents letter saying since only essential businesses are open and you should travel only for essential, we ask you if you work from home to keep your child home because we will be open only for children of parents who work essential businesses and both have to travel to work.
Dcm comes in the morning with her child and we know she works from home and did not expect her , then we ask her if she works from home still and she says yes and we tell her the letter said to keep your child home. She leaves pissed off. Few minutes later call from her that she asked her boss if she can go to work because her child cannot stay at daycare if she works from home and boss said yes and then she brings her kid back. She works at a bank. And who knows maybe she lied to us and is sitting home right now.
So yes bring you children to dc during the plague when you stay safe home, just because you cannot stand him
I see this parent's point of view.
Its difficult to work at home with young children.
Especially when a parent working from home is new for the child.

I have a few parents that bring their children to care and are working from home. They are essential workers so I must accept them into care regardless of what physical space they are working from. IMHO, the risk is the same.
Actually it's probably less as the parent is at home verses in "public" work space like those that can't do their jobs from home.