Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Former Teacher 07:50 AM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by CeriBear:
OMG! And I tend to get a little mad when a parent sends a girl in a dress without shorts underneath.

My vent for the day. Why do some parents think it’s great for 4 year old Johnny to be able to recite his ABCs, name all the dinosaurs, and know that the presidents name is Donald Trump yet not how to put on his own Velcro shoes, peel a banana, or wipe his bottom. Seriously. How about teaching some basic self help skills.
I hear ya!

Way back when, we had a 4 year old whose mother told me that I had to spoon feed him lunch otherwise he won't eat

Long story short, at lunch that day, I told him that either he eats or he can wait until lunch was over so that he and his new friends can all play. I was NOT going to feed him.

He sat there a good 5 mins just staring at his plate. Then he started eating. And he ate it all.

Mom came and first thing she asked was how did lunch go. I told her that it was fine and he fed himself. She went I explained to her that I didn't have time to feed a child that was perfectly capable of doing it himself.

He did the same thing (where he just sat for a few mins) for the next few days. When he realized that I wasn't going to do it at all, he eventually just starting eating when everyone else did