View Single Post
Pandaluver21 10:20 PM 11-03-2020
New families first day today. Parents did not follow a single rule. Kid was rough, but that I can work with, and was actually better by the end of class. (4hr morning preschool class)
Parent came for drop off 10 minutes early. Continually knocked and rang bell until I finally went and opened the door and explained why I wasn't answering. (My current procedures say you arrive AT 8:30 and wait until the door is open for kids to enter, no knocking or ringing necessary)
Supply list states FULL change of clothing, as well as a backpack big enough for their weekly folder. I got a shirt and pants in a walmart bag :|
All paperwork states snack and lunch is provided, and NO outside food allowed. I was asked multiple times if they were needing to bring snack.
My Covid policy's state nobody is allowed inside and masks are required at drop off/pick up. Both parents at both drop off and pickup did not wear a mask, and dad tried to come in at drop off after I asked child to take her shoes off (He was going to do it for her :|)
Mom came to pick up about 10 minutes early. Neither parent had the Daily connect app on their phones (I have this as my touch-less check in. They can scan QR code and all covid questions are answered on the phone instead of my tablet) They had to put in 4 digit pin, click sign in, answer covid questions and then sign. They were annoyed with how long this took...

So I need opinions. Do I keep going with this family or is it doomed from the beginning? Like I said, I can deal with the kid not following rules, but the parents are harder to deal with