View Single Post
Annalee 10:28 AM 01-04-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
How do you handle parents who have ZERO experience or knowledge of potty training who are trying to push PT on their kids? Do you give them advice? tell them what you know? or just leave it for them to figure out on their own?

I have 2 two yr olds who are no where NEAR being ready for toilet training but have two very eager parents. I just don't understand parents who want potty training to go on for months. My policy is that I don't do it here until they are having success at home so it doesn't really affect me but one parent wants me to switch to cloth diapers for her kid because she wants him to "be re-aquainted with the feeling of being wet"?? That has nothing to do with being ready for a toilet...not to mention the fact that being used to being wet should not be the objective. UGH I don't mind doing cloth diapering so that is not the problem...I am just not sure if I should say anything or leave it!
I have a dcg that is 23 months and her mom text me last night ( I have been closed since Dec. 23) and asked if I wanted her to send panties or pullups for today????? I immediately replied NO PANTIES! I think some parents just don't get it. I have just went with the "my home, my rules" philosophy....I decide when a child can move on to potty-training and I decide what they will wear during this time.