View Single Post
trix23 04:50 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
At interviews, I do the tour, then I sit down with both parents and basically read my contract/handbook (mine is one document) to them. For example: Payments are due on Friday by pickup time. After pickup time, a fee of $10 per day will be assessed ($10 for Friday, $10 for Saturday, $10 for Sunday, etc.). Payment AND late fees must be paid before your child will be accepted into care again.
This means that you may not drop your child off on Monday if you haven't paid the fees. If you understand, initial here: ___

After pickup time, late fees are $1 per minute, payable at pickup. Late pickups are not acceptable unless arranged at least 24 hours in advance (there will be a fee for this, as well). I close at 5:30-Are you able to have your child picked up by this time every day? If you understand that your child must be picked up by 5:30, and that every minute after 5:30 is billed at $1 per minute, initial here: ___.

This isn't it word for word, but this is how I do it. I have BOTH parents initial each and every section of my contract agreeing that they understand and agree to my policy. This has DRAMATICALLY cut down on "do I have to pay for XXX?" "Can he stay here til 7 on Friday so I can go to the Library?"

I actually have changed portions of my contract for some parents during these discussions if it was mutually beneficial, but after it is signed, it is what we go by.
I was told by my mentor not to go over policies at the initial tour because it seems too harsh and they will lose interest.... :\

You have them initial on each line at the end of your tour? Or once they decide to enroll?